“The Texas Real Estate King” Shares His Top Marketing Tips
What services do you offer, how long have you been in business and why did you decide to focus on real estate?
I’m an author, serial entrepreneur and million-dollar realtor. I’m co-founder of Brooks & Davis Real Estate Firm LLC, one of the fastest-growing real estate companies in the world.
I’m a Houston native, a graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University and have received countless awards and recognition. One is being selected as a member of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Texas, giving me the title among my peers as the “Texas Real Estate King.”
Beyond being a top producer and real estate mogul, my purpose is to serve entrepreneurs by helping them become successful in their entrepreneurial endeavors. I use my consulting company, LWB Enterprises, to help them make their dreams a reality.
How has social media played a role in your marketing efforts?
It has helped to transform our company. Chances are that you’ve seen the changes firsthand. Tweets from a friend saying they’re looking for a new place to call home or Facebook posts of real estate listings with images, price, contact information, etc., are some examples you have probably seen.
Each platform attracts different users and has its specific benefits. As a result, the real estate industry has been heavily influenced by social media and the way people use their favorite platforms.
On Facebook, you can create listings that anyone can view, but it’s much more powerful than that. Your online listing can be shared with a click, and every software update provides more options for promoting and finding opportunities. You can take 360-degree photos and post them quickly, making it very easy to showcase a home’s interior or offer a personal view of a property.
Combine this technology with geolocated posts, and you have one powerful platform for real estate. This is just with Facebook, so think how powerful you can be if you’re on all social media outlets.
On which social media platforms do you see the greatest engagement?
What are your top three tips for marketing real estate services online?
- Set yourself up for social. Make sure you have accounts on all the big networks — Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram. Socialize with followers, share good press and promote your properties.
- Create a newsletter. Email marketing is one of the best strategies for building client relationships. Collect emails from your website or any other methods you can think of. Send your email subscribers what they’re looking for — notices about upcoming open houses, new houses on the market, news about area seminars you’re offering, etc.
- Host free seminars for homebuyers. Make yourself and your knowledge available to the community by hosting mini-seminars. You can do these on Facebook Live.
How does video play a role in your marketing?
Live video plays a huge role by providing an instant, real-time source of content. You don’t need a fancy camera, set design or editing skills. It’s all about what’s happening at that moment.
This allows us to connect better with our followers, and we have real-time engagement. Live videos drive traffic to our website and our Facebook page, and it’s also a great way to push events.
You recently launched a consulting firm and released a book to help entrepreneurs find success. What advice would you give businesses seeking to grow their online presence?
- Know your target market.
- Be consistent with your posts, message and frequency on social media.
- Let your social media followers know that you’re real, active and interacting with everyone. Respond to followers’ posts and interact when they express interest. Show them who you are, and your followers will feel more connected to you.